As we all know, Florida afternoon and evening pop up lightning storms are inevitable throughout the summer months. Coaches will try their best to notify families if practice is cancelled. Parents, we encourage you to check emails often as that is the fastest way for coaches to communicate cancellations and other important information to swimmers and their families
- Hair: Long hair must be pulled back and secured under designated Planet Swim School cap during class.
- Jewelry: Do not wear rings, bracelets, watches, necklaces, or long earrings to class. Please leave your jewelry and valuables at home as we are not responsible for lost or damaged items.
- Arrival: We ask that children arrive promptly at the beginning of their class.
- Swim Practice Gear: All of our swimmers must bring swimwear and a towel, goggles are recommended.
Pool Area Safety
- We kindly ask parents, siblings, and visitors to stay off of the pool deck area during swim practice, there is an observation/viewing area that allows you to watch your child.
- Parents/care-takers shouldn’t feel obligated to stay at the pool during their practice, however, they are responsible for their child for the time before and after their lesson.
- Observers are not to talk to their children while in practice. If you need to remove your child early from the practice, please, directly notify the Coach.
- Any swimmer who
misbehaves during practice will be asked to sit down in ‘time out‘. If the
situation continues, parents will be notified to assist in determining whether
the child should continue practice. We coach from a positive approach but
cannot tolerate potentially dangerous behavioral situations.
Our definition of “time out”: Swimmers will be asked to sit down and regroup before joining their practice again. We will handle it in a positive manner so that safety and learning can be reinforced.
- Swimmers are not allowed to use the swimming equipment before or after practice.